I started this blog primarily as a way to get myself back into regular writing habits. It then grew to be a news update facility for my parents and extended family members as we continued the lifelong journey with our special needs son. Gradually, I have drawn more ‘outsiders’ who have found it interesting to learn about how I interact with my son and also to enjoy with me the funny and interesting facets of his personality.
Now I have found myself nominated for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Prego and the Loon, for which I am humbled and extremely grateful. Her blog touches on the ever present and very painful subject of surviving domestic violence. She is a survivor and her writing is powerful and insightful. I am so thankful that she has enjoyed the information and support offered in my own blog, and hope that her blog continues to be successful as I’m sure it will. So a big huge ‘thank you!” to Prego and the Loon and my thoughts are always with you hoping that you keep healing and keep being strong.
The rules for receiving this award are as follows.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
The Questions to be answered
1. Your favorite color – Red
2. Your favorite animal – My favorite animal of all time is undoubtedly the Hedgehog. I hate that we don’t have them Australia and in my early 20’s I even petitioned Australian Customs to let me bring one in as a pet! No luck though.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink – Oooh.. that’s a tricky one! I think, Coke
4. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook… I just can’t get my head around Twitter!
5. Your favorite pattern – I love ‘Royal’ patterns like this one…
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – I wouldn’t say I ‘prefer’ either really. I really love getting presents of course, but I also really love the joy of finding something you know someone else will just love.
7. Your favorite number? – I don’t really care for numbers… maybe 1 million if it’s prefaced by a dollar sign 🙂
8. Your favorite day of the week? – Friday
9. Your favorite flower? – Tulip
10. What is your passion? Singing and writing. Often at the same time 🙂
10 Blogs that I find a joy to read are…Here I am going to break the rules of my nomination slightly. As I spend so much time reading parenting books and learning how to homeschool on the fly, I must confess to not following or reading many blogs at all. The ones I do read and would nominate, have either nominated me, or been nominated already! The other ones I read are satirical humour and mostly written by grumpy old men. Definitely not qualifying as ‘sisterhood of the world’ material in my humble opinion!
So, I will put the one blog I do read and enjoy regularly who I believe deserves a nomination and I shall task myself with a thorough search for nine more blogs to follow who I believe would deserve and benefit from a nomination. I will of course add them at a later date. Off I go to start reading!
Raising 5 Kids with Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog http://5kidswdisabilities.com/